Early College High School
Benchmark 1 Target Population (click arrow to expand content)
- Admission Policy and Enrollment Application
- Recruitment Plan
- Brochure (English) Folleto (Español)
- Communication Plan
Enrollment Documents to bring:
- Student's birth certificate or passport
- Student's social security card (This is optional but requested)
- Student's immunization records
- One parent's or guardian's driver's license
- Records from the previous school (report card, transcript, STAAR/EOC scores, withdrawal grades, homeschool documentation)
- Any legal documents related to custody or guardianship of the student
- A one-page essay by the student on "Why I Am Interested in Attending Global High"
The Interview and TSI Testing
During the interview with the principal, the students and parents will learn about our school's programs. Our students begin taking dual credit courses during their freshman year of high school through our partnerships with Navarro College in Waxahachie and the University of Texas at Tyler. The interview gives the parents and students a chance to ask questions about our programs and explain any special circumstances or needs that a student may have. Following the interview, Global High will contact the parents about TSI testing for the student. The Texas Success Initiative (TSI) is a test that all students in Texas must take before taking college-level classes. The TSI testing session will be scheduled during the summer either at Global High School or the Navarro College campus in Waxahachie. The students do not have to pass the TSI test on their first try, but they need to take the test before being accepted to Global High School. Once all the admission requirements have been met, the parents will receive an email letter of acceptance to Global High to confirm the student's enrollment for the fall semester.