I've been an educator since 2017 teaching both Honors Biology and Dual Credit Biology at Waxahachie Global High School.
I strongly believe that education is the foundation for the success of our students. My goal as an educator is not only to promote the mastery of the subject content, but also to help my students learn to apply their critical thinking skills, use of current and developing technology, and to recognize the importance of working as a cohesive team to overcome challenging objectives.
As a science teacher, I inspire my students to apply the scientific method when presented with questions and challenges. The most important thing I can do as an instructor is to encourage my students to delve below the surface of a problem and begin to ask themselves why things work the way they do. Developing this fundamental skill and inspiring their natural curiosity allows students to become perceptive observers of the world around them. This is essential to creating successful students and lifelong learners. At Global High School we believe in success.
- Master of Forensic Science in Biochemistry
Nebraska Wesleyan University, Lincoln, NE
- Bachelor of Science in Biology
Texas Wesleyan University, Fort Worth, TX
Mansfield ISD — Mansfield, TX
- Guide lessons to ensure curriculum follows the goals and objectives as indicated in teacher’s lesson plans.
- Adapt lessons and apply instructional strategies to accommodate different learning styles.
- Foster a safe and positive learning environment for all students.
- Uses positive reinforcement and research-based behavior
- Provided expert witness testimony in criminal cases for the State of Texas based on my findings of forensic casework.
- Communicated complex information accurately and clearly to help answer questions and resolve issues relating to criminal cases.
- Maintained a professional relationship with law enforcement agencies, district attorneys, and defense attorneys.
Texas Department of Public Safety — Garland, TX
- Examined and analyzed biological fluids in casework evidence.
- Compiled, maintained and filed all reports and documents.
- Handled confidential and private information on a daily basis.
New Mexico Department of Public Safety — Santa Fe, NM
- Maintained and documented the storage of evidence in the lab.
- Performed presumptive and confirmatory analysis.
Washington Security Group — Sterling, VA
- Prepared lessons and instructional modules for military and
government personnel in the detection and collection of biological and chemical agents.
- Planned and built instructional activities using materials and
equipment for field training exercises.
- Conducted ongoing assessment of student proficiency through formal and informal testing.
- Developmental research of sensor system to aid first responders in the detection of biological agents.